Saturday, September 4, 2010

Date Night!

So, I haven't written on this blog in a while, but I am going to try my best to be good and stay on top of things because I love to write. :) Anyways...My hubby and I finally had a date night tonight which is kind of rare for us since we both work night jobs. He is a bartender/manager and I help run a karaoke business. Our schedules completely collide. So when we have the chance to have a date night we jump on it. First off we went to The Olive Garden. Now...Why would a girl on The Atkin's diet even attempt to step foot in a place full of pasta right? lol! I was actually really surprised at a dish the kitchen came up with. I got these little steak medallions that were supposed to go over fettuccine with alfredo sauce and the cook used sliced zucchini instead of the pasta. It was sooooo good! We went to the movies and saw "The Last Exorcism" which was a big let down. I LOVE scary movies and the ending to this one was just completely lame. If you've seen it, You know exactly what I'm talking about.

Speaking of The Atkin's diet, I have lost about 12-13lbs in a little over a month now. Being that I've felt a little tempted by food and kind of cheating here and there, I bought The Atkins book today. So, I have decided to start reading it and get back on the wagon by Monday. I haven't fallen completely off the diet, but I find myself picking at foods that I shouldn't be here and there. I just needed some inspiration. I am not pushing this diet in any way and I don't recommend it if you're under the age of 18. I have to lose weight for health reasons and to get back into my weight range. After trying several diets and suggestions from my doctor, I found that this is what has worked best for me. I was about 20lbs over my weight range which literally happened in a matter of 2-3 months. I am used to being very petite and my joints aren't used to the stress that the excess weight has put them through. Poor little bones...lol! I will keep you all posted on everything and I am hoping to get my workouts going this next week. Love you all!

<3
Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment